Health Education State Board Rule Information
In November 2020, the State Board of Education updated the Required Instruction Rule (6A-1.094124) to include the three rules related to health education. The new reporting procedure includes a requirement to use the online Florida Required Instruction Reporting Portal available at http://flrequiredinstruction.org. By December 1, 2021, district plans for the three health topics of 1) mental and emotional health, 2) substance use and abuse and 3) child trafficking prevention must be submitted using the portal. Use of the portal does not affect the content districts are required to submit, only the method. Plans are still required to be posted on district webpages, but the requirement to submit to the department via email has been removed and replaced by the portal. The memorandum regarding this update sent from Chancellor Jacob Oliva on November 20, 2020 is linked here.
- Florida State Statute 1003.41 - Sunshine State Standards
- Florida State Statute 1003.42 (2)(n) - Required Instruction
- Florida State Statute 1003.4282 - General Requirements for High School Graduation; Revised
- Florida State Statute 1003.453 – School Wellness and Physical Education Policies; Nutrition Guidelines
- Florida State Statute 1003.46 - Health Education; Instruction in Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome
- Florida State Statute 787.06 - Human trafficking